WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama

This is big news. Former Bush Secretary of State Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama for President:


Former Secretary of State Colin Powell announced Sunday that he will break with his party and vote for Sen. Barack Obama. "He has both style and substance. I think he is a transformational figure," Powell said on NBC's Meet the Press.

"I come to the conclusion that because of his ability to inspire, because of the inclusive nature of his campaign, because he is reaching out all across America, because of who he is and his rhetorical abilities -- and you have to take that into account -- as well as his substance -- he has both style and substance," Powell said. "He has met the standard of being a successful president, being an exceptional president."

Powell noted that McCain has been a good friend for 25 years, but expressed disappointment in the negative tone of the GOP campaign, as well as in McCain's choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the vice presidential nominee.

"Now that we have had a chance to watch her for some seven weeks, I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States, which is the job of the vice president," Powell said. "And so that raised some question in my mind as to the judgment that Senator McCain made."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only member or former member of the Bush Administration with any shred of credibility in my book. And even with all he has been through, Colin Powell has maintained a high degree of credibility and integrity. Thank you General Powell!

BTW, I opened my mailbox at 3:45 PM on Friday and found my mail-in ballot. At 4:20 PM on Friday, I deposited my completed and stamped ballot at my local downtown post office. Not that I had been waiting or anything......Woo Hoo!!!!