WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Friday, March 21, 2008

NRO's Murray Defends Obama

There has been such an amazing variety of responses to Obama's speech earlier this week. Here is an enlightening missive out of the lion's den over at the conservative National Review Online:

I understand how naïve it is to read a presidential candidate’s speech as if it were anything except political positioning, but that leads me to my final point: It’s about time that people who disagree with Obama’s politics recognize that he is genuinely different. When he talks, he sounds like a real human being, not a politician. I’m not referring to the speechifying, but to the way he comes across all the time. We’ve had lots of charming politicians. I cannot think of another politician in my lifetime who conveys so much sense of talking to individuals, and talking to them in ways that he sees as one side of a dialogue. Conservatives who insist that he’s nothing but an even slicker Bill Clinton are missing a reality about him, and at their peril.

Read More:
My Last Word on Obama, I Promise.

0 comments: