WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I (heart) Huckabee

As always, I have pause before praising former Republican presidential contender Mike Huckabee but, well, i repeatedly and consistently find him to be a generally honest, forthright person. I am watching MSNBC for the WV results and just heard Huckabee talk about the race, Obama and Clinton and,well, he reminded of an actual, normal, fair-minded person.

Sure, I find a vast bulk of what he advocates to be abhorrent but he seems like such a candid, likeable person.

In the grand scheme of things, I think the Republicans made a big mistake in nominating McCain. I think Mike Huckabee would be enough of a "real" person, with the right mix of base-pandering and acceptable personality to surpass what McCain will do. I think the sheen of McCain will slowly but inexorably rub off to show him for the wishy washy, lying hack that he is.

Mike, stay how you are.

0 comments: