WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Man Shot for Wearing Obama T-Shirt

Now that McCain and Palin have opened the floodgates of simmering Republican hatred and resentment, is this a prelude of things to come?

A man told today how he was shot three times in a London street for wearing a Barack Obama T-shirt.

Dube Egwuatu was buying a mobile telephone top-up card in an off-licence when the gunman confronted him and glared at the top, which carries an image of the Democrat US presidential candidate underneath the legend 'Believe'.

The man then launched into a tirade of racist slurs, shouting 'I f***ing hate n*****s' and urging 36-year-old Mr Egwuatu to leave the shop with him...

'I couldn't believe it was happening - and just because I was wearing an Obama T-shirt. He was trying to make me walk somewhere quieter, saying: 'I've got something for you,' and 'I'm going to kill you.'

He added: 'Obama inspires me, his educational track record alone is quite unbelievable - that is why I was wearing the T-shirt.

'I did not think for one minute it could stir up such powerful feelings of hatred and I never said a word to him.'

Read More

Earlier: McCain Unleashes Well of Republican Hatred

0 comments: