WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Failure of Premier Bush's Bailout Plan

Honestly, I don't know what to think of the $700 billion bailout bill being scuttled in the House today. The subject matter is so arcane to me that I don't know where to begin. When it comes down to it, I suppose this is where I come out:

ONE: Nearly every major person President Bush has hired over the last seven+ years has turned out to be a major f*ck-up.

TWO: Hank Paulson was hired by President Bush, failed to see the financial crisis coming, repeatedly claimed that he had the situation under control and is NOW telling Congress, with a gun pointed toward the American economy's collective head, that the bailout plan he proposed is the wise panacea that will magically stave off financial ruin (oh, and by the way, it needs to be passed yesterday).

Thus, THREE: From One and Two, I am inclined to believe that whatever Premier Bush's Executive Branch of Idiocracy tells me is -- at least -- a corrupt, dissembling lie. As a result -- and I may live to regret it if the American financial system really does die today -- I ultimately think the House scuttling the bailout bill today was probably a good thing. The question of whether they can come up with something better if, of course, an open question.

0 comments: