WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Whitman: Media Vetting 'Fair'; No 'Sexism'

Well, I guess Republican eBay CEO, and former VP short-lister, Meg Whitman didn't get the McCain's campaign's "Bash the Media!" and "Play the Gender Card!" memos today:

Fox News' Chris Wallace, responding to McCain campaign charges, asked Whitman, "Is it fair to call it 'sexism'? I mean, sometimes there are legitimate questions." Whitman responded, "I actually think it's completely fair for the media to vet Sarah Palin, just as they did Barack Obama and John McCain and everyone else who's running for office. I mean, you are running for the second highest office in the land, so I think it's the right thing to do."

Wallace followed up, asking about possible sexism in the reaction to Palin's candidacy. "I wouldn't say there really has" been sexism, Whitman replied.

0 comments: