WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Classic Quote of the Day

I hadn't seen this Jon Stewart quote before but it definitely rings true today as John McCain reminds us that he "stood fifth from the bottom of [his] class at the naval academy":

Doesn't elite mean 'good?' Is that not something we're looking for in a president anymore? ... I know elite is a bad word in politics. You want to go bowling and throw back a few beers. But the job you're applying for---if you get it and it goes well---they might carve your head into a mountain. If you don't actually think you're better than us, then what the fuck are you doing? ... Not only do I want an elite president, I want someone who is embarrassingly superior to me. -- Jon Stewart

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mr. Stewart. I am tired of 'looking down' on my President, as I and most of the world has been doing for the past 7 years. A president is someone we all want to look up to, but that doesn't come from default. I think it needs to be earned, or at least displayed. Barack is certainly someone to be looked up to, and the more McCain panders, the more he sinks in my esteem.