WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Friday, June 6, 2008

McCain Lies About 100% Support for Katrina Investigations

From FactCheck.org:

A New Orleans television reporter asked John McCain at a June 4 town hall meeting in Louisiana why he had voted twice against the creation of a commission to investigate preparedness for Hurricane Katrina. McCain responded that he "supported every investigation and ways of finding out what caused the tragedy." That's not true.

McCain did, as the reporter said, twice vote against legislation that would have created an independent commission, much like the 9/11 Commission, to investigate the government's role in preparedness for and response to the hurricane. Here's the exchange:

Reporter: Senator, Maya Rodriguez at the CBS station out of New Orleans. My understanding is you have voted twice against the creation of a commission to investigate the levee failures in New Orleans. And my question is, why have you voted against that?

McCain: I’ve supported every investigation and ways of finding out what caused the tragedy. I’ve been here to New Orleans. I’ve met with people on the ground. I’ve met with the governor. I’m not familiar with exactly what you said, but I’ve been as active as anybody in efforts to restore the city.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

" I’ve been as active as anybody in efforts to restore the city."
What an absolute joke that is! I am a New Orleanian, an McCain has been absent from any help. he even worked against us as we struggled to find the truth behind the levee failures.