WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sponsoring Obama Volunteers to Texas

I am in a really great mood today due, in large part, to sponsoring three eager students from across the U.S. -- either by way of helping them get a plane ticket or helping with accommodations -- to fly down to Texas to volunteer for the Obama campaign. Please check back here often as they will be sending me news, photos and anecdotes from the campaign trail that I will be posting here.

Here are the intrepid folks I'll be following over the next week:

  • Aaron - Coming from Cornelia, Georgia with what sounds like a large group of friends, he'll be campaigning in Houston and the surrounding area.
  • Wendi - Flying in from San Jose, California with, like Aaron, a significant network of students to campaign in Houston.
  • Kingsley - Update: With a few other people in tow, including one Sheila that I've spoken with and who helped arrange everything, Kingsley hails from New York City and will be heading down to the Brownsville area.
I desperately wish I had the time to fly down myself but I hope at least my assistance in getting these eager students down to Texas will help us usher in President Barack Obama! Good luck Wendi, Aaron and Kingsley!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow! You're awesome. I wish I would have known. I really want to go to Texas or Ohio but can't afford the flight. I have been checking the last minute rates for days. Please let me know if you found a great price on the flights.

atw said...

You rule!! What a fantastic idea--that if you yourself don't have time to do this but have the funds, sponsor someone else to go! I think you should post this on the Obama blog...Hopefully your sponsored students will take video that you can upload to YouTube. This is something that I bet the campaign would want to highlight if they knew about it. I've heard so many people say that they wish they could go but don't have time. I really encourage you to do this! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

This is what makes America great! People like you really make this a truly inspiring and historical campaign to be part of.