WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Obama on Patriotism

This is a really amazing quote from an Obama speech in Montana. Anyone who questions Obama's patriotism because of some silliness over not wearing a flag pin must really not be playing with a full deck:

I love this country not because it's perfect, but because we've always been able to move it closer to perfection. Because through revolution and slavery; war and depression; great battles for civil rights and women's rights and worker's rights, generations of Americans have shown their love of country by struggling and sacrificing and risking their lives to bring us that much closer to our founding promise. And as long as I live, I will never forget that I am only standing here because they did... That is the country I love. That is the promise of America.

Hat tip:
Andrew Sullivan

0 comments: