WE'VE MOVED

Please note that we've moved to a new blog at www.LibraryGrape.com.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Lengthy Interview with the SF Chronicle

Obama gave an excellent, lengthy interview to the San Francisco Chronicle in which he is highly substantive, candid and light-hearted. Every time I see a frank discussion with him summarized in the news, my devotion to him grows:

On how an Obama presidency would change the country:

"The day I'm elected and sworn in, not only does this country look at itself differently, but I think the world looks at itself differently. And that's not just symbolic. When I go to a poor country and talk to them about America's obligations, but also that poor country's obligations to help itself by dealing with corruption or to reduce ethnic tensions, I do with credibility as somebody with a grandmother who lives in a small village in Africa without running water. If I convene a meeting of Muslim leaders ... I do so with the credibility of somebody who lived in the most populous Muslim country on Earth for four years and has a sister who is half-Indonesian. ... That will allow me ... to be an effective spokesperson for a different version of American foreign policy."

Read the full interview: Barack Obama, in S.F., takes on the Clintons

0 comments: